The church was designed by Paul Abadie in 1874. The interior of the nave was inaugurated in 1891. The entire façade was completed in 1914. The consecration was made official on 16 October 1919. The church was then erected as a minor basilica. The building was officially completed in 1923 with the completion of the interior decoration. Paul Abadie managed the site until his death in 1884. He was succeeded by several architects, including Lucien Magne.
Built in a time of dissent and persecution, this unique secluded chapel was designed to look like a farmyard barn in order to avoid being discovered. Built in 1701 and refurbished in 1840, it has a modest interior and a rare open air baptistry in its grounds.
The first stone was laid in 1824. The realization was entrusted to Jean-Baptiste Lepère and taken over in 1831 by his genus Jean-Ignace Hittorf. The work was slowed down by the Revolution of 1830 but the church was finally consecrated in 1844. The Chapel of the Virgin Mary was built between 1869 and 1870. It was Napoleon III who offered the sculpture of the Virgin Mary made by Carrier-Belleuse.
The Kagyu-Dzong Centre was established in 1974 by Lama Gyurme. The plans for the centre's building were drawn by the architect Jean-Luc Massot on Kalu Rinpoche's directives and construction began in 1983. Inaugurated in 1985, it is a Tibetan and Bhutanese style temple located near the Vincennes Wood Pagoda, headquarters of the International Buddhist Institute founded by Jean Sainteny.
It is in a peripheral district of the east of Paris that this church dedicated to the Holy Spirit was built between 1926 and 1935. Cardinal Verdier entrusted this ambitious project to Paul Tournon, an architect with a classical education, who had just experimented with new techniques in Sainte-Thérèse d'Elizabethville (now Lubumbashi, Zaire).
The Nazareth Synagogue in Paris was completed in 1852 by architect Jean Alexandre Thierry. This brick synagogue is still in use.
The church was built during the Restoration in the style of Roman basilicas. On its site stood a convent built for the Benedictines of the Blessed Sacrament. It was Etienne-Hippolyte Godde who in 1826 was commissioned by the city of Paris to build the current church on this site. The first stone was laid on 15 September 1826: a medal by the engraver Ursin Vatinelle, bearing the effigy of Charles X and the design of the projected façade, commemorates the event.
Built at the beginning of the 20th century, the church was classified as a Historic Monument in 1984. The project was particularly interesting because it was supported by many patrons and artists. The octagonal bell tower is particularly impressive: it dominates the surroundings with its 53 m high. The style of the building, in reinforced cement, is a witness to the new rationalist school of the 1930s, represented here by the architects Marc Brillaud de Laujardière and Raymond Puthomme. The church houses painted wooden panels, art deco style, glass canopies by Max Ingrand, frescoes by Paule and Max Ingrand, as well as a monumental statue of Saint Agnes.
A Merovingian funerary basilica was built on this site around the 6th and 7th centuries and renovated in the Carolingian period. The Royal Priory of Saint-Martin-des-Champs, Cluny's third daughter, was founded in 1060 and a new building was built on this presumed site of a miracle by Saint Martin. The original plan of the choir probably inspired that of the Basilica of Saint-Denis built a few years later, the church of the Conservatory would constitute the oldest testimony of Parisian Gothic. The abbey was declared a national property in 1790 and since 1798 has housed the new Conservatory of Arts and Crafts created by Abbot Gregory in 1794, whose former abbey church, abandoned for worship, serves as an exhibition room for its museum. The complex was largely refurbished under the July Monarchy and the Second Empire, under the direction of the architect Léon Vaudoyer. The Foucault pendulum has been installed in the choir.
The Rue Buffault Synagogue in Paris was completed in 1877 by architect Stanislas Ferrand. This Neo-Romanesque stone synagogue is still in use.