The St. Thomas Church of Strasbourg, built in the 9th century, is nicknamed the cathedral of Protestantism in Alsace, it is the only example of a Hall church in the region. The building has been classified as a historic monument since 1862.
The Church of Saint Paul was built between 1892 and 1897 by the Alsatian architect Louis Muller (1842-1898). It is currently listed in the Supplementary Inventory of Historic Monuments. Built in a neo-Gothic style, the building stands on a strategic location, located in the center of the new district which developed at the beginning of the century during the German era.
Notre-Dame de Strasbourg cathedral was founded in 1015 on the remains of an old cathedral. It is today the second most visited cathedral in France, after Notre-Dame de Paris, eight and a half million tourists a year. Since 1988, it is a UNESCO heritage site. From its construction until the 19th century, the cathedral was the highest human construction in the world. The recognisable silhouette of the cathedral looms from the Strasbourg countryside and even from the other side of the Rhine, on the Baden plain.
The Great Mosque of Strasbourg was inaugurated in 2012, it replaces a prayer room installed since 1982 in a former factory. Designed by the Italian architect Paolo Portoghesi, this modern copper-domed building is one of the largest mosques in France.
The Tørdal church was built in 1809 by the builder Kittil Johnsen. The church was rebuilt during a major renovation in 1910. In its external shape, the church is quite similar to the main church of Prestestranda. The interior was restored in 1959 according to Finn Krafft's plans.
The church Saint-Nicolas of Strasbourg, built between 1387 and 1454, shelters a community of the charismatic movement attached to the Protestant church. John Calvin first preached at this church on September 8, 1538 and then held services for the small French-speaking community.
Kroken Church is a long church designed by architect Victor Nordan and built by builder W.H. Kjønnaas in 1909. In February of the following year it was consecrated as a chapel by the bishop, but today the building bears the title of church. The church was extensively restored and extended in 2013.
The old church of Kviteseid is a stone church from the 13th century. In the 18th century, the church was given a porch in front of the south portal. The roofer is from the 19th century. In 1915 a new church was built and the old church was taken out of use. The choir has a dedication cross from the 13th century and frescoes of animals, ships, a soldier and inscriptions, probably from the 15th-16th century.
The church of Kloster Sonnenkamp dates from the 13th century. It was probably built in three phases between 1219, 1227 and 1240. The buildings showed late Romanesque forms in transition to Gothic. Soon the first parts of the monastery church were completed, so that in 1236 it was consecrated to the Virgin Mary and St. John. Around 1245, the complete church was then standing.
The priory of Saint-Fraigne is mentioned as early as the 9th century. In 1567, it was handed over to the Abbey of Charroux. Ruined during the wars of religion, the abbey will be suppressed in 1762. After various repairs, the almost complete reconstruction of the old Romanesque church (1868-1869) is stopped according to the plans of the architect de Ruffec : Gaschtofte.