The new glass building has a remarkable architectural asset: it is a link between the Flamboyant Gothic and Renaissance styles. This transition from one style to the other is very visible on the south façade. This one also has a rarity: a beautiful pulpit to preach outside where the preachers of the Counter-Reformation could unleash themselves against the Huguenots... installed in the building opposite, across the street!
St Andrew's Church serves a village of approximately 1200 people. It is a well loved and well used building, with a very active congregation.
The Hatlestrand Church is a wooden church built in 1885 by the architect von der Lippe. The pulpit, the baptismal font and the bells are original. The organ was added in 1915.
St Mary's Ewelme is an exceptional church with a distinguished history. The present building has not changed greatly for almost 600 years, having been reordered in 1437. It is a rare opportunity to see a place of worship with strong echoes stretching back over 100 years before the Reformation. Many people come to see the tomb of Alice de la Pole, Geoffrey Chaucer's granddaughter.
The Church of Saint-Pierre, listed as a Historic Monument, is located in Saint-Georges-des-Agoûts, in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region. It has a Romanesque structure and is an extension of the 12th century priory of Saint-Thomas-de-Conac. It also features a remarkable carved portal. In the sixteenth century, the church was enlarged with a wide aisle and a solid square bell tower. The building houses an 18th century painting and a 16th century bronze bell.
The Ulvik church, inaugurated in 1859, is well preserved in its original form on the outside, except for the sacristy, which is a later construction. Inside, there is a three-part altarpiece in Gothic Revival style, a plaque commemorating Thomas Samuelsen Uro, the parish priest of Ulvik from 1652 to 1667, with his wife and eight children. The painting dates from 1650 and was painted by Elias Fiigenschaug.
Scampton, St John the Baptist sits on the western edge of the village below RAF Scampton, where the Dambuster raids were flown from and now home to the Red Arrows. There is an RAF chapel in the church with Squadron badges and there are several Commonwealth War Graves in the churchyard.
The Ølve church in Kvinnherad is built of wood and was completed in 1861. The church, inspired by the Linstow type, was built by the architects Kärnus and J.Kilarhaug.
One of the most important examples of Anglo Saxon in Britain and certainly the largest. The church dates from the late 8th / early 9th century.
Sainte-Béatrice de Landrais church is located in Aunis in the Poitou-Charentes region. Built in the 13th century, it has walls with striking buttresses, reminiscent of its original construction in the Romanesque period. The church includes a single nave separated from the choir by an arch and a small bell tower which houses the Adelaide bell, cast in 1901. It houses a Louis XV altarpiece carved and painted stone of the seventeenth century.