The Petruskerk in Lichtaard dates from the Middle Ages. An inscription on the gallery fence warns the visitors: 'Be perpetrators of the word and not just hearers'. The church is often rented out for all kinds of meetings.
The Maria church of Foudgum is on the remains of a mound. Only a few parts of the tower remain of the original medieval Romanesque church. The current church building dates from 1808. The church is known for its predecessor Francois Haverschmidt (pseudonym Piet Paaltjens).
The church of Saint Martin Flines-lez-Mortagne, in the northern department, dates from the eleventh or twelfth century, but was largely rebuilt in the fourteenth century. Its imposing bell-tower contains both Romanesque and Gothic elements. The interior of the building is richly decorated with statues and medallions with biblical themes.
The church of Raard is on a high mound. It is a typical Romanesque church, seen from the thick walls and small windows.
The synagogue was built next to an older synagogue which dated back to 1791. The new synagogue was consecrated in 1868. The design of the building was executed in an early Neo-Gothic style in which the the Gothic features were purely ornamental and not structure-related. The Neo-Gothic elements include the plastered octagonal pilasters topped by pinnacles, the rounded frieze and the ornamental door and window frames. The pointed arched windows contain iron-cast tracery. A Hebrew inscription is located above the main entrance and refers to Isaiah 56:7 and the date. The structural expansion at the back side of the building was used as the location for the Torah ark and is still recognizable as such from the outside. The women's gallery is still present in the assembly hall. The Jewish community of Culemborg meerged with Utrecht in the year 1947. Three years later, the building was redeveloped as a Christian Reformed church. In 1981/82, the building was renovated by the architect H. K. J. van der Wielen.
The small parish church of Saint-Samson Plumetot in Normandy was built between the twelfth and eighteenth century. In 1944 it suffered damage from the war. It has an enlarged nave on the aisle to the north, extended by a choir with a flat chevet. To the west, a square bell tower, leans against the church. The church has a beautiful stone altarpiece from the end of the reign of Louis XIV.
The synagogue of Amersfoort which was dedicated in 1727 was a rectangular shaped building located behind a private home. The original synagogue was used by both the Ashkenazi and Sephardic communities. The plans for the current synagogue were developed by the architect B. Ruitenberg. The design was inspired by the German neoclassical synagogue in Kleef which dates back to 1821. Unlike the rounded arch windows found in the example of Kleef, the synagogue of Amersfoort received pointed lancet windows and a round apse located at the eastern end. The neoclassical Torah ark dates back to 1843 and contains the Hebrew dates (5)487 and (5)611, corresponding to the year 1727 and 1843. The women's gallery is located at the opposite side of the Torah Ark. The synagogue was renovated in 1926/27 by the architect H. Elte Phzn. during which the art deco stained glass windows were installed. After a subsequent renovation by the architect A. Oznowicz the building became once again used as a synagogue in 1949. Oznowicz was also responsible for the design of the furniture including the bimah and railings of the Torah Ark. The architect P. Wassink tried to restore the original color palette during a renovation in 1993/94. After an excavation in 1993 of a nearby house located behind the synagogue, the original mikveh was discovered.
The church of Haskerdijken is wedged between the village, the railway and the motorway. The nineteenth-century church, with six tombstones from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries on the floor, is sometimes still used for (mourning) services.
Built from the 11th to the 18th centuries, with alterations in 1860.
The church of Hantumhuizen is one of the most striking examples of the romanogothic architecture in Friesland. The church is not only beautiful on the outside, but is also appreciated for the beautiful, rich interior.