The Basilica of the Congregations is a rococo church built from 1703 to 1717 according to the plans of the architect André Soares. However, work was carried out on the church until the 20th century, as with the west tower, which was completed in 1964. In the same year, the statues on the façade, made by Manuel da Silva Nogueira, were hoisted in their place. The church has been classified as a public asset since 1993.
The Hospital Church, or Church of São Marcos, was built in the 18th century on a project by the architect Carlos Amarante. The relics of the body of the Apostle and Bishop San Marcos are in this church for the veneration of the faithful. In 2016, the north pavilion of the church building, to the left of the façade, was converted into the "Vila Galé" hotel.
The church of Santa Cruz was built between 1625 and 1653, except for the towers, which were completed in 1694. From 1734 to 1739, due to the deterioration of the church, the entire body of the building was rebuilt, leaving only the façade, which was remodelled by Carlos António Leone. The building is in Mannerist Baroque style and has unusual golden woodwork inside.
The ensemble of the Chapel and the Casa dos Coimbras was part of the Palace of Coimbras, built in the 16th century as a residence for clergymen and destroyed in 1906. In 1525, John III of Portugal (1521-1557) ordered the construction of a private chapel in the palace, under the invocation of Our Lady of Conception, but it was to be known as the Chapel of Coimbras. It was designed by the masters of Biscainhos, builders of the Palácio dos Biscainhos.
The Chapel St Jacques-Le-Major du-Plessis-Pericot was built in Grez-en-Bouère in the Pays de Loire in 1572. It has a rectangular floor plan with sandstone rubble walls and a slate roof. Locals made two farm entrances in the walls of the side façades. In the 18th century the chapel was repaired and then served as a pigsty. The chapel was threatened with ruin before new owners bought it.
Braga Cathedral dates from the 11th century and is built on the foundations of an early Christian basilica. The final appearance of the cathedral owes much to the many interventions that have been undertaken throughout the centuries, especially that of João Antunes who readapted the façade in the Baroque style at the end of the 17th century. In the premises of the old house of Cabido, built at the beginning of the 18th century by Archbishop D. Rodrigo de Moura Teles, we can find the Treasury Museum of the Cathedral of Braga. Due to his apostolic origin, the Archbishop of Braga is considered the Primate of Spain, a title that gives him precedence over all the bishops of Portugal.
A primitive building was located at the present location of the cathedral (6th-7th century). In 1122, the architect Henri Sanglier began the reconstruction of the Carolingian cathedral to build one of the first Gothic buildings. The church was consecrated in 1164 by the Pope. The building was completely completed at the end of the 13th century. Chapels were added in the 13th and 14th centuries, then a transept in the 15th and 16th centuries.
The Malatesta Temple, founded in the 9th century, was rebuilt in the 15th century by Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, Rimini's most famous ruler. Filled with works by famous Renaissance artists such as Leon Battista Alberti and Piero della Francesca, the church was never completed. In 1809, the church has been consecrated as a cathedral with the title of Santa Colomba.
The monastery of São Martinho de Tibães was founded in the 11th century, but the main buildings of today were erected in the 17th and 18th centuries. From the 12th century it was rebuilt by Paio Guterres da Silva and occupied by the Benedictine congregation. In the 16th century, the monastery became the mother house of the Order for Portugal and Brazil. With the extinction of the religious orders in 1834, it was sold at public auction. Privately owned until 1986, the building was acquired by the Portuguese state. Today, the monastery combines several uses: one wing is used by the Carmelite Order, but the monastery also houses a hotel, a restaurant and a museum.
Located in Dollot in the Yonne, the Saint Germain church dates from the 12th century, but was largely rebuilt in the 16th century. The building thus has both traces of a very distant past and elements of construction over the following centuries. The church also has interesting furniture, part of which is listed as a Historic Monument.