The body of this beautiful little chapel is Saxon and fairly early Norman, though the round Saxon apse was destroyed in the early 19th century.
The church is medieval, with 13th or 14th century walls and late Victorian roof and windows. But there was an even earlier church on the site. Two early medieval stone crosses are built into the south wall. East of the porch is the grave of Guto Nyth-bran, a famous local runner. Below the church is St Gwynno's Well recently restored but getting a bit overgrown again.
All Saints is a typical village parish church, but it can be found in many guide books, as it is nationally and internationally famous for its stained glass windows by William Morris. These windows, installed over a period of 28 years, tell a story about the involvement of the Pre Raphaelite painters as people and the development of stained glass as a church art form.
Wiener Neustadt Cathedral, which is actually a parish church, is a late Romanesque building. Built in the 13th century, its name comes from the fact that from 1468 to 1785, the church was the cathedral of the diocese of Wiener Neustadt.
The synagogue at Březnice is an Ashkenazi synagogue completed in 1725. The synagogue was altered and restored in 1821 and again in the 1990s. This baroque brick building was recently reinstated as a synagogue in 2014.
St Botolph's was born at the beginning of the 7th century of noble Ango Saxon parentage. After becoming a monk in France he built a monastery in Suffolk. He has been honoured as the Patron Saint of travellers and the 60 or so churches bearing his dedication are all near roads or rivers which provided transport. Slapton is on the River Tove, small at this point but thought by historians to have been less silted up and navigable in Medieval times.
The church of St Peter & St Paul is a beautiful building in the heart of Blockley village. Full of human interest and interwoven with the people of this place for more than a thousand years, the church has survived good times and bad, and in the process has been altered, extended, and embellished.
Dajbabe Monastery is an Orthodox monastery erected in 1897 on the vision of a shepherd. The founder was Reverend Simeon Popovic (1854-1941). Until his death he worked on painting the interior of the church.
The Synagogue in Merthyr Tydfil is an Ashkenazi synagogue built between 1872 and 1877. In use until 1983, this stone synagogue in the Romantic style is now abandoned.
The Piarist Church, also known as the Frauenbergkirche, is the oldest church in the city. Founded in the 13th century, the church owes most of its late Gothic appearance to reconstruction in the 15th century. In 1616, the church was ceded to the Jesuits and in 1776, to the Piarist order.