Årdal church is a small wooden church built in 1828. The architect of the church is Anders Thorsen Syrtveit.
The church of Finsland is a cruciform church from 1803, consecrated in 1812. The church is known for its unpainted wooden interior, often regarded as the best-preserved in Norway. The altarpiece dates from 1750.
The construction of Getafe Cathedral began in 1549 and was completed in 1770. It has several architectural styles depending on the time of its construction, the tower is a remnant of a previous construction. It is considered a major example of the Renaissance architecture of the community of Madrid. In 2001 a complete and urgent restoration was undertaken due to its general condition. This restoration was completed in 2007, and the cathedral has since been reopened to the public.
The Austbygde church dates from 1888 and was designed by the architect Jacob Wilhelm Nordan. The altarpiece is a 1909 work by Lars Osa with the motif of the baptism of Jesus and is a copy by Adolph Tidemand. Among the treasures of the Austbygde church is an old 18th century Bible.
Drageid church in Høylandet is a wooden church from 1976. The architect of the church is A.Aursand.
The church of Nord-Etnedal was built of wood in 1866. The church was clad with exterior panels in 1896. The church has relatively simple details, characterized by the Swiss style. The church stands on the Ton farm and is often referred to as the church of Ton or Thon.
Hornne Church, dating from 1828, is an elongated octagonal wooden church. The church is partly built according to the plans of Klæbu Church in Sør-Trøndelag from 1790. The church has changed little since the time of its construction.
The Church of Saint-Christophe is located in Mondreville, in Île-de-France. It displays the harmonious coexistence of Romanesque elements in the nave and the Gothic style in the choir and carved 16th century decorations on the nave frame. The building, topped with a small bell tower with an octagonal spire, is endowed with a rich movable heritage such as a statue of the Virgin and Child, from the 15th century.
A chapel dedicated to Willibrord was founded in 1897, but it became too small for the growing amount of churchgoers when De Haan developed into an important seaside resort. The construction of a new, fully-fledged church was completed in 1902. This church soon became too small as well. Therefore, a new transept and choir were built in 1934.
In Crissay-sur-Manse, in one of the most beautiful villages of the Indre-et-Loire, is the Church of Saint Maurice, which dates from the 15th-16th centuries and was built by the noble family of Turpin. Their coat of arms and their motto are still visible in the flamboyant Gothic nave. The fire of Catherine du Bellay, wife of Jacques II Turpin, is in the current sacristy. Since 1926, the Church of Sant Maurice has been classified as a historic monument.
Religiana, a project by Future for Religious Heritage, presents a catalogue of beatiful and inspiring buildings, helping you experience Europe's history, today!
Click here to add your building to the Religiana catalogue
St. Martin's Church, Landshut