The basilica of Saint-Gervais, a church located in the centre of Avranches, is known to house the skull of the bishop of the commune in the 8th century. The religious parable on the relics contributes to the church's appeal to visitors passing through the commune. Enter the fascinating basilica to admire the treasures it contains: works of art and religious objects dating back several centuries. It is a neoclassical-style building with an eye-catching facade that is reminiscent of antiquity.
With its enormous and imposing central tower, Tewkesbury Abbey is a Norman church built on a cathedral scale. The sheer size of the building is further emphasised by the west end, which is entirely made up of a huge arch that rises to the full height of the nave. The look and feel of grandeur is continued inside, where giant pillars soar up to the roof.
The "Municipal Hall" of Munich, also known as "Burggersaalkirche" since 1778, is a prayer and meeting room of the Marian Congregation of Men "Annunciation". It was built in 1709-1710 in a Baroque style.
The church of St. Michael was built in the late 16th century (1583-1597) as a centre for Counter Reformation in Bavaria.
Notre-Dame-des-Champs Church was built in the 17th century and located outside the city. With its imposing structure and neo-gothic style, it is a tourist attraction in the town of Avranches.
St. Kajetan Church in Munich, called Theatinerkirche, served as a monastery church of the order of Theatine. It was built from 1663 to 1690 on the model of the church of Sant'Andrea della Valle in Rome, dating back to the 16th century.
St. Johann Nepomuk Church or "Asamkirche" was built from 1733 to 1746 by the Asam brothers (Cosmas Damian Asam and Egid Quirin Asam). It is a flamboyant example of late German Baroque.
The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Old Town of Munich, or "Frauenkirche", is Munich Cathedral since 1821 and is one of the most recognisable monuments of the city. The building was built at the end of the 15th century in late Gothic style.
The chapel of Planchouet was built by the inhabitants in 1930-31. The work began with the felling of the trees necessary for the construction. The foundations posed problems because the rock had to be exploited. Inside the chapel are the statues of the Virgin Mary, Saint Anthony, Saint Maurice and Saint Nicolas.
The Ohel Jakob Synagogue in München is an Ashkenazi synagogue built between 2004 and 2006 by architects Wolfgang Lorch and Andrea Wandel. This modernist building was made of concrete.