The Synagogue in Middelburg is an Ashkenazi synagogue completed in 1705. The synagogue was restored and rededicated in 1994.
The Saint-Genest church is located in Oradour-Saint-Genest, in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region. Founded in the eleventh century, it was upgraded in the twelfth century. It is one of the oldest churches in the region. The building has a single, ornate nave lit by simple bays and a Romanesque choir with a flat chevet. There are three altarpieces from the 17th century and a "lantern of the dead" from the 12th century in the cemetery.
The Chapel of the Carmelites of Rennes is of notable importance in the religious heritage of the 19th century in Ille-et-Vilaine. Leaning against the Parc du Thabor, full of Gothic and Romanesque beauty, the chapel is now undergoing restoration. This chapel currently hosts the Protestant cult.
Notre-Dame church is an old abbey church from the 11th century, rebuilt in the 14th century. The place of worship today is a composite building in Romanesque and Gothic style, behind a classical and neoclassical bell tower.
The Toussaints church is a parish church in Rennes located south of the Vilaine river, in baroque counter-reform style. The present church replaces the old Toussaint church which was located on the site of the present Halles further west. The first stone was laid on 16 July 1624 by the bishop of Rennes.
The Church of St. Germain was rebuilt from the 1450s in a flamboyant Gothic style, of which it is a particularly accomplished example, with contrasting voids and solids, play of light, extreme thinness of the pillars, a broken barrel vault panelled in a continuous interior space. The reconstruction lasted more than a century. Around 1610, it was extended by the reconstruction of the southern transept.
Building built in the 19th century from 1884 to 1904; emblematic building from the religious, architectural and urban planning point of view. This monumental project, whose design and construction took nearly 40 years to complete, inevitably evokes its implicit reference to cathedrals. The choice of the "Gothic" style, introduced in Rennes by Jacques Mellet for the construction of the Missionaries' chapel (destroyed), as early as 1841, is here an eclectic approach, to which Abbot Millon subscribes, in the Semaine Religieuse, and which he qualifies as the "ogival style", considering "that it is preferable to choose with a wise and prudent eclecticism, the beauties of several styles of the same period, rather than slavishly copying a known work.
Behind its 18th-century façade in the Gesu style, this church of recollection displays numerous devotional ex-voto's, in particular one dating from the fire of 1720, and remarkable furniture such as canopies, pulpit, baptismal font and organs from the 17th and 18th centuries.
In 1982 the Association of Friends of Bisquines and Old Cancale opened the Museum of Popular Arts and Traditions in the old parish church dedicated to St Méen. Located in the town, this building is in fact the old church of Cancale which has all its evolution linked to the history of the town for 500 years. Built in the 17th century, then from 1715 to 1727 on the plans of Garangeau, Vauban's architect, its facade is reminiscent of military type construction. It was definitively enlarged in the middle of the 19th century.
The current site of the cathedral has been used as the seat of a bishopric since the 6th century. It is likely that it was built in place of an older sanctuary. The old building was completely replaced by a Gothic church in the 12th century. In 1490, the tower and the western facade of the Gothic church collapsed. An endless reconstruction of the western massif was undertaken, which lasted 163 years and resulted in the granite facade that we know today, which is largely in the classical style.