The Reformed Church of Scuol, dedicated to St. George, was first mentioned in 1178. This first Carolingian church burned down in 1258. A Romanesque church was then built on the site of the former church and was transformed into a Gothic church in the 16th century. In the same century, around the year 1530, Scuol joined the Reformation and St. George's Church became Protestant.
This church, dedicated to St. Nicholas of Myra, has been documented since the 15th century. It was altered in the middle of the 17th century and was largely rebuilt in 1755-57 and consecrated again in 1758. The church was renovated in 1930 and in the 1970s.
The Mathon Expositurkirche was built between 1674 and 1682 and enlarged in 1763. The church was renovated in 1881 and consecrated in 1894. The neo-Romanesque style of the church dates from this renovation.