About this building
Its construction began at the beginning of the 11th century, with frescoes from the period immediately after its construction. As many other painted churches in the Troodos region, it is a single-nave church with a pitched timber roof.
For centuries it served as a monastery church. After the Greek Revolution of 1821, many monasteries fell into decline. By the 19th century, the monastery had been dissolved and only the church remained.