St Peter the Rock Cathedral, built in the late 18th century, is the Anglican cathedral of Cashel. The former cathedral, located in the Rock of Cashel complex, was used until 1721. The former parish church of St John was used for worship until the present cathedral, built in the Georgian style, was completed in 1784.
Our Lady of the Assumption Cathedral is the Catholic cathedral of Thurles. Construction began in 1865 and it was consecrated by Archbishop Croke on 21 June 1879. The architect was James Joseph McCarthy, Barry McMullen the builder and J.C. Ashlin was in charge of the works. The building is in the Romanesque Revival style and has many architectural features, including an imposing rose window, an outer baptistery and a richly decorated altar.
St. Carthage Cathedral is the Anglican cathedral of Lismore. It was dedicated in the 17th century to St. Carthage after a reconstruction of the medieval cathedral which had fallen into ruin during a fire in the 17th century. Reconstruction began in 1663 to the designs of the architect William Robinson. The roof was restored in the 18th century.