The Ferhadija mosque was built in the 16th century with a "kuttab" (school), a fountain and an "imaret" (public kitchen). These side buildings were unfortunately destroyed by successive fires (1697 and 1879), and the mosque was damaged during the Bosnian War (1992-1995).
The Church of Saints Cyril and Methodius is a neo-Renaissance Catholic church. The construction of this sacred, partly educational building started in 1892 after the acceptance of Josip Vancaš's project and was completed in 1896 when the church was blessed. The architect Vancaš (1859-1932), who was largely responsible for the present appearance of Sarajevo, introduced some Baroque elements into the neo-Renaissance structure, which can be seen on the façade, the bell tower and the sculptures.
The Old Sephardi Synagogue was constructed in 1581. In both 1670 and 1778 the building burned down and rebuilt. It currently serves as a Jewish museum.