Cathedral of San Feliú de Llobregat

The Cathedral of San Feliú de Llobregat is the work of the architect Josep Ros i Ros. The old parish church, a 19th-century work designed by Francisco Renart, was destroyed in July 1936, at the beginning of the Spanish Civil War. All that remained of the old church was the bell tower. In 1939 the foundation stone of the current building was laid and in 1940 construction work began.

About this building

Key Features

  • Architecture

Visitors information

  • Bus stop within 100m
  • Café within 500m

Other nearby buildings

Temple Expiatori del Sagrat Cor

The Expiatory Temple of the Sacred Heart is a neogothic church located on the Tibidabo mountain in Barcelona. Its construction extended from 1902 to 1961.

Wikimedia Commons/José Luis Filpo Cabana

Monastery of San Pablo del Campo

The Monastery of San Pablo del Campo, believed to have been founded in the 9th century, is one of the best preserved Romanesque buildings in Barcelona. In 1672, a novitiate was established, which had previously been in Lleida, giving the monastery its heyday. The community definitively left San Pablo del Campo in 1835 with the Spanish government's seizure and sale of property, including from the Catholic Church. In 1842 it was converted into a school and between 1855 and 1890 it became a military barracks. In 1879 it was declared a National Monument. The complex was damaged during the Tragic Week of 1909 and in 1936. Since then, several restorations have been carried out.

Placeholder image

Ancient Jewish Cemetery

The ancient Jewish cemetery in Barcelona is the earliest reference to the presence of a community in the city. It dates back to the mid-800s and it was established with the count's authorization. Burials took place until the end of 1300s, when the community ceased to exist. After the anti-Jewish riots of 1391, the community does not recover and soon there will be no more Jewish presence. Interestingly enough, it is located on a hill that has all along been known as Montjuïc (hill of Jews).
The site was designated a Historical Landmark in 2007 at the petition of the civil society. Signage will be placed in 2022 while a proper intervention is still pending.