The Serbian Orthodox Church of St. George the Great Martyr was founded by Serbian settlers fleeing from the Turks at the end of the 17th century. Demolished in 1731, this church was replaced by a new baroque church in 1733. The bell tower was completed in 1752. Its iconostasis, reflecting an influence of the Italian Renaissance, was completed in 1850.
The Church of the Assumption is also commonly known as the University Church because it belonged to the former Faculty of Theology of the University of Pest and later to the Pázmány Péter Catholic University. The church was founded by the Paulines in 1723 on the site of a demolished mosque, and after the dissolution of the Pauline Order in 1786, the church became the property of the University of Pest. The church has two towers, its towers are 56 meters high each.
The parish church of the city center is one of the oldest buildings in Pest. Built in the 14th century, it was restored in the 18th century after being seriously damaged by a fire. Converted into a mosque during the Turkish occupation (1541-1699), the church still has some traces of its brief conversion.