The Hadji Hussein Mosque is a cultural monument of local significance. It was built in 1751 and is remarkable in that it is the only mosque in the country with a ceiling of Bulgarian wood carvings .
The only remaining mosque in the town, the building was used as a touristic center for many years. Built in the 18th century, the mosque lost its minaret in an earthquake and was abandoned even during the Ottoman period.
The church "St. Ivan Rilski", also called the Miners' Church, was built from 1910 to 1920, its completion having been delayed by the wars. The church was built for the workers of the Pernik mine to whom the town owes its development in the 20th century.