The construction of Trogir Cathedral began in 1213 on the foundations of an old Christian cathedral destroyed by the Saracens in 1123. Its construction lasted until the 16th century with the completion of the bell tower. The building has a wide variety of styles, from Romanesque to Baroque, and has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997.
Salona began its history centuries before the birth of Christ as an important port and market town on the east coast of the Adriatic Sea. The first formation in the city surely thanks Greek merchants and colonists. It came under Roman rule probably in 78 or 77. B.C. Gaius Julius Caesar elevated it to the level of a Roman colony. It then developed into the administrative, economic and financial center of Illyricum and a large port city, comparable to the then most important cities on the Adriatic coast: Aquileia and Ravenna.
On the south side of the island of Ciovo, in Prizidnice, among the steep cliffs above the sea, almost five centuries ago, the church of Our Lady of Prizidnice was built. Above the church door are two stone slabs, and the older ones bear witness to the history of the sanctuary. "Priest Juraj StoidraSiz came to this desert and built this temple in honor of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, in 1546."