The Great Synagogue of Brussels was built in 1875-1878 in a Romanesque-Byzantine style. Since 2008, the synagogue is called "Great Synagogue of Europe" and is the seat of the Conference of rabbis of Europe: CER.
The church of Saints John and Stephen the Minimes, known locally as the "Church of the Minimes", was first built in 1624, but it soon proved too small, so a new church was built from 1700 to 1715. The new church presents an architectural style of transition between Brabantine baroque and early classicism. During the French Revolution, the church was closed in 1796. It was not until the independence of Belgium (1830) that the church finally opened without interruption. Restoration work, directed by Tilman-François Suys and Pierre Victor Jamaer, was carried out at the end of the 19th century. The convent and cloister of the Minimes were demolished in 1920 to make way for the construction of the Athénée Robert Catteau.
The Church of Our Lady of the Chapel (Kapellekerk) was founded in the 12th century as a chapel of a Benedictine priory and was transformed into a church in the 13th century. Damaged by a fire in 1475, the church was rebuilt in Flamboyant Gothic and got its baroque tower at the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries. From 1989 to 1996, the church underwent major restoration work. Today the Chapel Church is the parish church of the Polish Catholic community in Brussels.