St. Salvator's Cathedral is a Catholic religious building located in Bruges. Built in the 10th century, it is the oldest church in Bruges. It became the seat of the bishopric of Bruges in the early 19th century, after the destruction of the Cathedral of St. Donatian during the French occupation in 1799.
The Ten Wijngaerde Beguinage is the only surviving beguinage in the city of Bruges. The beguinage was founded around 1244 by Margaret II of Constantinople. In 1299 it came under the direct authority of King Philip the Fair and was given the title of "Princely Beguinage". The complex includes the Beguinage church and about thirty white-painted houses, most of which date from the end of the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. There are no more beguines, but since 1927 there has been a monastic community of Benedictines.
The Basilica of the Holy Blood is a double chapel of the city of Bruges. The lower chapel of Sint-Basilius (1139-1149), is the only Romanesque church of West Flanders entirely preserved. The Upper Chapel of the Holy Blood was given in the late 15th century in a Gothic style.