The St. Sava Temple in Belgrade is the largest Orthodox temple in the Balkans. It was erected on the relics of Saint Sava, the founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church. The construction of the temple began in 1939 and is still in progress.
The Church of St. Mark of Tasmajdan was built between 1931 and 1940, in the immediate vicinity of an old church from 1835. It was designed in the spirit of the architecture of the serbo-Byzantine style, inspired by the church from the Gracanica monastery. It was the largest orthodox church in pre-war Yugoslavia.
The Church of the Assumption was built in 1863. It was built in the spirit of Romanticism, very much inspired by ancient Serbian monasteries, mainly from the Ravanica Monastery. Initially, it served as a military church because it was located near military installations.