A chapel was first built in the 12th century on the site of the current Notre-Dame church. After a Romanesque construction, the current Gothic church was built in the years 1220-1240. The church was notably restored in the 19th century by Jean-Charles Laisné (notably the tower of the transept crossing).
The Synagogue in Dijon is an Ashkenazi synagogue completed in 1879 by architect Alfred Sidorot. The synagogue was restored in the 1990s. This Neo-Romanesque stone building still serves as a synagogue.
In front of his castle of Fontaine, Aleth de Montbard, had a chapel built in 1102; dedicated to St. Ambrosinian. She was the mother of Bernard de Fontaine, the future St Bernard, born at the Château de Fontaine (near Dijon). The present church under the name of St Bernard is built on its site, and the present building has a construction dating back to the 14th and 16th centuries.