The synagogue was built in 1931 near the Dohany Street Synagogue. It was designed by László Vágó, Lajos Deli and Ferenc Faragó in Art Deco style. Its purpose was to commemorate 10,000 Jewish soldiers from the prewar territory of the Kingdom of Hungary, who perished in the battlefields of the First World War. Thus, it stood as a reminder to postwar Hungary, which was turning increasingly anti-Semitic, of the loyalty and patriotism of its Jewish citizens.
The Rumbach St. synagogue was built in 1872 by Viannese architect Otto Waagner. The synagogue is designed in a Moorish revival style. The colorful leaded windows are especially beautiful.
The synagogue is a masterpiece of Hungarian Art Deco architecture. It was erected in 1913, by the architects Béla and Sándor Löffler, for the Orthodox community of Budapest. Its prayer hall is spanned with a barrel vault pierced by stained glass skylights. The synagogue complex also includes a beit midrash, a Jewish school and a communal building facing Dob St.