The Church of St. Ignatius, known locally as the "two-tower church" or "Watertown church", was built by the Jesuits between 1728 and 1738. In 1788 it became a parish church and from 1820 to 1856 it functioned as a temporary cathedral. The original church, which did not have a tower because it was strategically forbidden to build towers near the castle, received its two towers in the 19th century.
St. Peter and Paul's Church, also known as Downtown Church, is the second largest church in the city after the Basilica of Esztergom. It is Baroque in style and was built in the second half of the 18th century on a former church site dating from the 13th century. The helmet of the tower, in historicist style, was only made at the end of the 19th century.
St. Anne's Church, also called the Franciscan church, was originally built in 1224 as part of a Franciscan monastery. The present building was built after the Turkish occupation, between 1700 and 1717, making it the oldest Baroque building in the city. Its tower was built in 1753, the onion helmet only in 1837, and in 1886 a new tower was built.