Town Church of Göppingen
The town church of Göppingen is one of the largest Protestant churches of the Renaissance. On the present site of the town church there were probably several earlier buildings, the most recent of which is St. John's Chapel, first mentioned in 1348. After the introduction of the Reformation in Göppingen in 1534, the chapel, which was rebuilt in Gothic style after the town fire in 1425, became the town church. Between 1838 and 1845, the dilapidated tower in the south-western corner of the church, which still dates from the time of the town fortifications and St. John's Chapel, was removed and the present tower was built in the centre of the south gable.