The Hovin church is a long church in Tinn. The church was built by the builder Halvor Andreas Olsen according to a standard drawing of the architect H.D.F. Linstow - the same one that was used for the Gransherad church.
Kyrkjebø church is a long church dating from 1869, designed by the architect Christian Christie, who was inspired by the stave churches.
A superb example of Romanesque architecture in Auvergne, this church has a nave and narrow aisles from the beginning of the 12th century, while its ambulatory, the radiating chapels and its two-story porch date from the end of the same century. By foot, access via the "Chemin des Dames" offers an interesting view of the building, which is one of the most famous Romanesque churches in Bourbonnais.
The Chapel of Saint-Humi is located in Uchizy, in the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region. Built in the 12th century on the foundations of an ancient Gallic temple, the chapel belonged to a small monastic community. This place has, for millennia, been a site of pilgrimage and healing. The chapel is dedicated to Saint Humi, a hermit monk of the diocese of Saint-Claude in the Jura, who was a renowned healer of deaf people and stunted children.
Arnafjord Church is a long wooden church from 1880, designed by architect Johannes Gjertsen. The present church replaces a church from 1645 which was too small and in poor condition. Some materials from the old church have been used in the new one.
Lyngby Church was built in the mid 12th century in Romanesque style, with east and west extensions in late Gothic style and three extensions: a high Gothic tower in the north, built in late Gothic style, and a south chapel in late Gothic style and a north chapel dating from around 1765. The church was privately owned until 1901, when its last owner, C.F. Tietgen (1829-1901), transferred it to the municipality of Lyngby-Taarbæk. The municipality then transferred the church to the parish council of Lyngby in 1993.
Ortnevik Church, formerly Ortnevik Chapel, is a red-painted church dating from 1925. The building is made of wood and is built in the "dragon style". The architect and builder was Lars Norevik who lived in the village.
Hvarnes church is a long church from approximately 1705. The church received a sacristy in 1849 and was painted in white in 1872.
The monastery is the only establishment of the Carthusian order in Auvergne. Today in ruins, it nevertheless preserves particularly interesting remains and constitutes an essential milestone in the understanding of the evolution of the architecture of the Carthusian order.
Religiana, a project by Future for Religious Heritage, presents a catalogue of beatiful and inspiring buildings, helping you experience Europe's history, today!
Click here to add your building to the Religiana catalogue
St. Martin's Church, Landshut