The Basilica of Sainte-Clotilde is one of the five minor basilicas of Paris. Before its construction from 1846 to 1857, the church of Saint Valère stood, formerly the chapel of a monastery dissolved in 1790. The architects of the church, François-Christian Gau (until 1854) and Théodore Ballu, designed with Sainte-Clotilde what is considered to be the first neo-Gothic style church in Europe.
The first place of worship of the Armenian community in Paris, the current church was built at the beginning of the 20th century. In 1902, Alexandre Mantachiants, a wealthy oil magnate, financed the construction of the building. He decided to entrust the construction of his cathedral to the architect Albert Guibert. He then asked him for a modern church with a resolutely Armenian architecture, inspired by the cathedral of Etchmiadzin. The church was finally completed in 1904, and consecrated on October 2, 1904.
Neo-Gothic building built from 1881 to 1884 in a style that reflects the codes of 13th century English architecture, by the architect George-Edmund Street. The bell tower was consecrated in 1923 as a tribute to the Americans who died in the First World War. In the building there are fifty-one flags of the United States of America hanging in the nave.
The Hôtel des Invalides was built at the request of Louis XIV to accommodate war invalids. After the Revolution, and under the patronage of Saint-Louis and the Holy Trinity, the church was administratively attached to the Army Museum from its creation in 1905. The soldiers' church is now the cathedral of the French armies.
This collegiate church is one of the largest churches in Ile-de-France. Its construction began in the 12th century. Since 1947 it has been the subject of several restorations, while remaining open to worship and visits. This church is one of the richest in heritage in the entire region.
The Rue Chasseloup-Laubat Synagogue in Paris was completed in 1913 by architect Lucien Bechmann. This Neo-Romanesque stone synagogue is still in use.
Built between the 12th and 14th centuries, it was classified as a historical monument in 1862. Saint-Germain Church, a historic monument located in the town centre, underwent major works as soon as its construction was completed. Whether due to storms or natural aging, renovations are undertaken regularly. Built over two centuries, from 1150 to 1280, this church presents many architectural styles: late Romanesque for the original bell tower, Gothic for the construction of the current vessels, radiant Gothic for the choir.
Built at the beginning of the 18th century, it was first a parish church before becoming a basilica in 1952, then a cathedral 37 years later.
The cathedral, whose construction was decided by Louis XV, replaced the old cult building of the city which stood on the banks of the Seine and became too narrow. In 1966, it was raised to the dignity of a cathedral while waiting for the construction of the one in Créteil. Since then, it has retained the title of cathedral but not its function. Even today, it still retains traces of its originality: on the pediment of the south façade of the chevet, it bears the republican motto Liberté-Egalité-Fraternité (Liberty-Equality-Fraternity). The bell tower is abnormally low because King Louis XV did not like the sound of the bells. In the 20th century, a carillon was added to the bell tower playing the "Marseillaise" because Rouget de l'Isle was buried in Choisy. Louis XV and the Marquise de Pompadour attended mass from a small oratory with a tribune on the first floor of the choir.
The Church of Saint-Félix de Maulain, which is still surrounded by its cemetery, is located in Val-de-Meuse. The church includes a nave with a single, eighteenth century vessel with a barrel vault, topped by a thirteen century choir, which has a flat chevet, that was renovated in the 15th century. Inside, there are several statues, including a 15th century Virgin of Mercy and a 15th century statue of Saint Maurice.