The Evangelical Lutheran Christuskirche was built from 1674 to 1677 with a Capuchin monastery responsible for the implementation of the Counter-Reformation in the region. In 1802, the monastery was dissolved and the monastery church was converted into several storage barns. Reused by Protestants from 1855, the church was restored and given a bell tower in the second half of the 19th century.
The Court Church "To Our Lady" was originally a small chapel that would have been built on the site as early as 962. The chapel was enlarged into the present court church from 1418 to 1499. However, the church was only used by the court of Count Palatine for a few years: when Frederick II became an elector in 1544, he brought his seat of government back to Heidelberg. At the same time, the Count Palatine, who was increasingly Lutherian, also initiated the Reformation in Neumarkt. After many changes of faith, the church finally became Catholic again in 1649, after Neumarkt returned to the Bavarian fold.
The Cathedral of St. John is a Gothic hall church built in the first half of the 15th century. An earlier building existed, probably dating from the 12th century. After changing religious denomination several times from the arrival of the Reformation in Neumarkt, the church finally became Catholic in 1649. Restorations in the 19th century replaced the baroque furniture with neo-gothic furniture. Damaged during the Second World War, St. John's Church was repaired between 1964 and 1966 and from 1987 to 1995. In 2015, St. Johannes is elevated to the status of a cathedral.