The Neviazher Kloyz in Kaunas is an Ashkenazi synagogue built in 1851 but renovated in 2003. In 2003/5 the building was restored and adapted as a conference hall with auxiliary premises according to a design by Rymantė Gudienė, Liuda Perevičienė and Vilija Skėrienė.
Kaunas Cathedral was founded by Vytautas the Great in the 15th century. In 1650, when the main works were completed and the massive tower was built, it became the largest Gothic building in Lithuania. The building was damaged by fires in 1732 and 1800. In 1895, Pope Leo XIII gave the former parish church the title of a cathedral. At the same time, the church was restored with neo-Gothic elements.
Vytautas the Great Church is the oldest church in Kaunas, built around 1400, and the only Gothic church in Lithuania with a cross-shaped plan. From the 17th to the 19th century, the church was damaged and misused by passing foreign troops, and the church ceased to be used for religious purposes in 1899. The building was reconsecrated in 1920 and repaired throughout the 20th century.