The Basilica of the Sacred Mountain is located in St. Gora, a sacred site since the Middle Ages. In 1540, an anonymous artist painted an image of the Mother of God with the child who quickly acquired a miraculous reputation and became the target of many pilgrimages. The present church was built in 1675-1698 and is inspired by the Italian Renaissance.
The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist dates mainly from the Gothic period, from the 13th to the 14th century. However, she was preceded by three other churches on this place. The current building mixes Baroque complements and contemporary restorations after war damage. It is considered the first completely Gothic church in Poland.
The Collegiate Church of the Holy Cross and St. Bartholomew is a gothic church built between 1288 and 1350. The church went through a turbulent history, being repeatedly robbed, turned into a warehouse, a shelter for the population, and even served as a stable during the Thirty Years' War. The church was rebuilt after the WWII, until 1957.