The church of San Giovanni Battista was built in the 16th century. The church is built on a longitudinal plan with a single nave in the form of a Latin cross. The façade is carved with a series of Ionic and Corinthian capitals, topped by a tympanum. The main entrance door, dating from the 17th century, is flanked on both sides by columns of Gimigliano green stone topped with Ionic capitals. Above, a niche houses a statue of St John the Baptist, made in Naples in 1632.
The Basilica of the Immaculate Conception was erected in 1254. The basilica was built with a single nave, then over the centuries, two more minor naves were added. In 1750, the building underwent the first major restoration work, which lasted until 1763.
The church of Santa Maria della Stella was completed with the monastery of Santa Maria della Stella on 4 October 1585. Shortly after the construction of the complex, the small parish that housed it took the name of the Stella district. It was the fourth women's monastery built in Catanzaro.