The synagogue, designed by Lipòt Baumhorn, was built in 1898. The building, which features Neo-Romanesque and Neo-Moorish elements, occupies a prominent place in the cityscape: it stands near the shore of the Tisza River and dominates the surroundings. From 1972 it has served as a cultural center (exhibition gallery and concert hall). A bust of Baumhorn stands near the entrance to the former synagogue.
The Synagogue in Kunszentmárton is an Ashkenazi synagogue completed in 1912 by architect József Doborszky. This Hungarian Secessionist brick building now serves as a house of culture.
The Memorial Synagogue in Gyöngyös is an Ashkenazi synagogue completed in 1813 by architect Károly Rábel. This Neo-Classical brick building now serves as an office.