The Collegiate Church of Our Lady of Dinant was built in the 13th and 14th centuries, replacing a previous Romanesque church. Several events damaged the building, such as the sacking of Dinant in 1466 by Philip the Good and the passage of the troops of the Duke of Nevers in 1554. The collegiate church was completely restored in the 19th century under the direction of the architects Schoonejans, Jules-Jacques Van Ysendyck and Auguste Van Assche, whose work aimed to restore the stylistic unity of the 13th century. After being damaged by German troops during the First World War, the church had to be restored once again by the architect Chrétien Veraart between 1919 and 1923.
The Yeunten Ling Tibetan Institute is a Buddhist complex located in the Bishop's Castle since the 1980s. The complex includes a temple ("Thubten Shedrub Ling"), a library, meeting rooms, as well as about 50 studios and single rooms. The Yeunten Ling Institute has become one of the most important Dharma centres in Europe. Thousands of people gathered for the consecration of the Buddha statue by the Dalai Lama in 2012.
The oldest parts of St Peter's church date back to the 9th century, but the building, in general, is in the Gothic style after being extended in the 16th century. The church has been restored several times, the last major restoration taking place in the years following the Second World War, when it was severely damaged during the Battle of the Bulge (December 1944 - January 1945).