The construction of the Basilica of Saint Genevieve (a decision taken following Louis XV's vow) began in 1756 and was completed in 1790: the foundations were laid between 1756 and 1764 and the first stone was laid in 1764. Jacques-Germain Soufflot was the architect, assisted by Jean-Baptiste Rondelet, site manager, and Maximilien Brébion. After the Revolution, the building was transformed into a temple dedicated to great men and took the name of Pantheon.
The Chapel Sainte Ursule de la Sorbonne or more simply the Sorbonne Chapel is a constituent building of the Sorbonne courtyard. It was the private chapel of the college of the Sorbonne then of the university faculties of Paris in the 19th century. The present chapel was rebuilt in the 17th century by Cardinal de Richelieu and was also his mausoleum. The plan of the former medieval chapel is still visible in the main courtyard of the present Sorbonne, marked with crosses. The foundations of this chapel, consecrated in 1326, were found during the reconstruction of the Sorbonne in 1897.
The church of St. Severin has been a parish church since the 9th century. The Gothic building dates mainly from the 15th century when the church had to be rebuilt after the previous one burnt down. However, the bell tower, the three western bays and parts of the façade have been preserved from the 13th-century building. The ambulatory, which is doubled in size due to the five naves, is considered to be the most architecturally valuable part of the church, while the modern stained glass windows are certainly one of the church's attractions.