The Church of San Giorgio dei Greci is the main Orthodox church in Venice. The community of Greeks was formed over time in Venice due to the Ottoman expansion. In 1453, the fall of Constantinople brought thousands of Greek refugees to the city. In June 1526, the Council of Ten authorised the community to build its own Orthodox church: work began in 1530 and was completed in 1571.
The church of the Pietà was built in its present form between 1745 and 1760 to a design by Giorgio Massari (1687-1766). However, the façade remained unfinished until the beginning of the 20th century: it was not until 1906 that the work was completed according to the original project, the only change being the upper ornamentation. The previous building, destroyed by the deterioration of time, was located on the right side of the present church.
The church of Sant'Antonino martire is first mentioned in the 12th century. It is believed that the church of Sant'Antonino was first rebuilt in the Venetian-Byzantine style between the 12th and 13th centuries. It then underwent various reconstructions that gave it a Gothic appearance. In the second half of the 17th century, it was completely rebuilt according to a project attributed to Baldassare Longhena, who was in fact the supervisor of the work. The bell tower was completed in 1750, apparently to a design by the parish priest of the time, Antonio Fusarini.