Sant'Agata in Trastevere was built in 1710-11 on an ancient medieval church first mentioned in 1121 in a bull of Pope Calixtus II. In 1575, Pope Gregory XIII granted the church to the Archconfraternity of Christian Doctrine (Agatisti), which later joined the Congregation of Doctrinarians in the 18th century. In 1710-1711, under the pontificate of Clement XI, the church was completely rebuilt by Giacomo Recalcati.
The Basilica of San Crisogono dates back to the 4th century, making it one of the oldest churches in Rome. The building has undergone a series of renovations over the centuries, including reconstruction in the 12th century and again in 1626, based on a project by Giovanni Battista Soria. The basilica was for centuries the national church of the Sardinians and Corsicans living in Rome: several Corsicans are already buried in the service of the Pope in the Corsican papal guard.
The church of San Pietro in Montorio was built from 1481 to 1500 on the place where ancient sacred buildings honoured St. Peter, who was allegedly crucified here. Due to its position on the border of the town, the complex suffered serious damage at the hands of the French of Napoleon III, who intervened in 1849. In 1876, the building was ceded by the Italian State to Spain and served as the seat of the Royal Academy of Spain in Rome.