The Ljungarum Church building dates back to the 13th century. It now belongs to the Jöngöking Christina-Ljungarum Parish. The bell tower was built next to the church building.
Built in the 17th century to replace a medieval church in the same place, the new church still contains a baptismal font dating from the Middle Ages. The altarpiece was created in northern Germany in the early 17th century and the wood-carved pulpit with canopy dates from 1670.
Erected as a royal church at the beginning of the 17th century, it took the place of an earlier church that was built in the 12th century. All that Magnus Brahe retained from the older church was the beautifully ornamented door to the sacristy.