Ancient village church with a thriving local congregation and community.
God has been worshipped on the site of the church for well over 1000 years. According to local tradition in AD 635 St Birinus, the first person to bring Christianity to the area, baptised Cyngils, King of the West Saxons, in the spring just west of the church.
The church of St Mary the Virgin is located in the heart of the large village of Wargrave on Thames, and is beautifully situated beside Mill Green. It is the oldest (parts dating back to the 12th century) and biggest of the three churches in the parish.