St. Kinga's Chapel

St. Kinga's Chapel is located 101 metres underground and is one of the biggest attractions of the Wieliczka Salt Mine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The chapel is an example of a travelling chapel whose furniture could be moved by miners to other rooms closer to their workplace. The room in which the chapel was placed dates back to the 19th century. Inside the chapel are two 17th century wooden baroque figures.

About this building

Other nearby buildings

Divine Mercy Sanctuary

The Sanctuary of Divine Mercy was created in 1999 on an old church of the nineteenth century. It is known to be a sanctuary of Faustyna Kowalska (1905-1938) who had several visions of Jesus.

St. Joseph's Church

St. Joseph's Church was built in the years 1905-1909 according to a design by Jan Sas-Zubrzycki. It replaces a church built in 1832, which was in a poor state of repair at the end of the 19th century. The church has a Gothic Revival style inspired by the Vistula Gothic, which is considered to be the manifestation of a true national architectural style of Poland. The tower is modelled on the tower of St. Mary's Church in Krakow.