St. Kozma-Demyanov Church

St. Kozma-Demyanov Church is an Orthodox church which is said to have existed since the middle of the 17th century. The graves of priests belonging to the 17th and 18th centuries have been preserved in the cemetery. In 1860, the church was in a dilapidated state and was in need of major repairs. In 1866 the church was rebuilt; the bell tower was completed. The domes were then rebuilt in 1905; the building was restored in the 1970s and in 1992.

About this building

Key Features

  • Architecture
  • Monuments

Other nearby buildings

Wikimedia Commons/В.Васіленка

Holy Cross Church

The Holy Cross Church is a wooden Orthodox church built in 1826 in the village of Zborsk and moved to Asipovichy in 1946. It has an elaborate longitudinal and axial composition, formed by a multi-storey bell tower with a tented roof, a long nave, the rectangular prayer hall and a rectangular apse with side sacristies.

Wikimedia Commons/Rahnieda

St. Nicholas Cathedral

St. Nicholas Cathedral is an Orthodox church first mentioned in the 16th century. It changed its location at the beginning of the 19th century and was rebuilt in 1835. In 1892-94, the wooden church of the time was replaced by a new stone building. In Soviet times the church was closed and in 1964 it was converted into a swimming pool. In 2003, the entire church building was handed over to the faithful.

Wikimedia Commons/Андрэй Дзмiтрыеў

St. Elijah's Church

St. Elijah's Church is an Orthodox church still in use, built of wood in 1893. In the early 1930s, the temple was closed and reopened during the Second World War. In 1960 the church was closed and gradually the building fell into disrepair to the point where one of the domes collapsed. At the end of 2003, the foundations of the new temple were laid.