The Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker is a Russian Orthodox church built between 1825 and 1827 on an old Russian church according to the plans drawn up in 1807 by the architect Luigi Rusca. The neoclassical church is one of the first domed churches in the capital.
The Church of the Holy Spirit is the smallest medieval church in Tallinn. The first written documents mentioning the church date back to 1316. Between 1375 and 1380 several reconstructions and additions were made to the church. Originally, the church was a single-nave church, but as the congregation grew, a side nave was added. Major changes to the façade probably took place after the fire of 1433. Minor changes were also made in the 17th century when a new Baroque bell tower with two open balconies was built on top of the octagonal tower of the church, which resembles the exterior of the town hall in its appearance.
The Cathedral of the Transfiguration in Tallinn is an Estonian Orthodox Apostolic Church. The church building was built in the 13th century as the church of the Convent of St. Michael in Tallinn. In 1629 the monastery was secularised. In February 1716 the Russian garrison regiment used the church until its reconstruction. After the reconstruction, the main church was consecrated in 1734 and was the Orthodox Cathedral until 1900, when Alexander Nevsky Cathedral was completed. A tower was built for the church in 1776, the present windows, the main door and the roof dome were completed in 1827-1830.