The University of Tartu Church is an old church built in 1860 behind the main classicist building of the University of Tartu, from 1809. It was used by the congregation of the University of Tartu until 1948 when the church became a study building. Part of the furniture, the altar, pulpit, pews and bells of the tower, was moved to the restored St. Nicholas' Church in Põltsamaa, where it is still in use.
St. Luke's Church in Tartu is a modernist church completed in 2002, designed by architect Indrek Allmann. This church had been planned as early as 1931 by the architect Engelhard Corjus, but due to the Soviet occupation and World War II, the church was never built. The new church was built in two phases. The first was completed with the construction of a small hall, a café and other premises. The second, when a large hall with corresponding auxiliary rooms were added.
The Catholic Church in Tartu was built between 1862 and 1899 in red brick like many buildings in Tartu. The neo-gothic building was erected according to the design of Wilhelm Schilling, probably inspired by the Church of the Apostles in Hanover. The exterior of the building is characterised by supporting buttresses, square stair towers on the sides and tented spires. The church has a four-sided bell tower, which extends partly into the long building.