The construction of the Church of Mercy began in 1775, with master mason António da Costa Faro being responsible for the work and possibly also for the design of the rococo façade. The sculptural group of the Visitation, by the Visigoth sculptor José Monteiro Nelas (1875), and the paintings Visitation and Our Lady of Sorrows (1885), by the painter also from the same town, António José Pereira (1821-1895), stand out in the church.
The Church of the Venerable Third Order of the Nossa Senhora do Monte do Carmo dates from the end of the 18th century. The Church was created as a result of a disagreement between the friars of the Franciscan Order. The unfortunate Franciscan friars abandoned the Capuchin friars and, with the support of the Discalced Carmelites, decided to create the Third Order of Mount Carmel. They proceeded to elect the Table of the Order and in 1735 the foundations of the new church were laid. The ceiling of the high choir was painted in 1862 by the painter Viseense António José Pereira.
The church of the Major Seminary of Viseu is part of what was, until 1841, the Convent of the Neris. The church itself dates back to the beginning of the 18th century, in the Baroque period. Its greatest treasure is its monumental pipe organ at the top of the choir, in neoclassical style, which was transferred from Viseu Cathedral to the Major Seminary Church in the 1960s and is currently being restored.