Žilina Cathedral
The Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity was first mentioned in 1400, but its history probably dates back to the 13th century. In 1530, a fortification tower was built next to the church, originally named New Tower and now called Burian's Tower. In the middle of the 16th century, after a conquest of the city, the church was transformed into a fortress. The three naves of the church were originally Gothic but were remodelled in the Renaissance style. The church burned down in 1678, 1848 and partially in 1886. The last restoration took place in 1942. Since 2008 it has been the cathedral church of the new diocese of Žilina.