This Baroque-style Catholic church was originally completed in 1607 and features a dome adorned with frescos. The church was then rebuilt in 1681 by Grand Master Gregorio Carafa whose coat of arms adorns the facade. The church was most recently enlarged in the 1920s.
The St. John's Co-Cathedral was built in the 16th century as a monastic church for the purposes of the Knights Hospitaller Order, also known as the Maltese Knights. About 400 members of the Order were buried in the building, whose tombstones are among Malta's major artistic and historical treasures.
The Collegiate Church of the Saint Paul Shipwreck is a 16th century Catholic church located in Valletta. It contains a statue of St Paul which is the object of a local worship; the statue is at the centre of a procession in the city every February 10th.