Saint John's Co-Cathedral

The St. John's Co-Cathedral was built in the 16th century as a monastic church for the purposes of the Knights Hospitaller Order, also known as the Maltese Knights. About 400 members of the Order were buried in the building, whose tombstones are among Malta's major artistic and historical treasures.

About this building

Other nearby buildings

Basilica of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

The Carmelite Church (Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel) is a Roman Catholic church located in Valletta. Begun in 1570 and rearranged over the centuries, the church was damaged during the Second World War and was rebuilt from 1958 to 1981. It is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.