Cathedral of the Holy Transfiguration

The Cathedral of the Holy Transfiguration, originally a Dominican church built at the end of the 18th century on top of a wooden Dominican church of 1624. In 1817, the tsarist authorities closed the Dominican monastery and handed the premises over to the Orthodox. The architect of this Baroque church was a native of northern Italy.

About this building

Key Features

  • Architecture
  • Monuments

Visitors information

  • Bus stop within 100m
  • Café within 500m

Other nearby buildings

Source: European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative

Tomashpil Old Jewish Cemetery

The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the early 19th century. There are around 3,000 gravestones. The earliest tombstone found dates to 1873, the most recent to 1931. The cemetery is abandoned, and it is used for cattle grazing.