The church of Piedigrotta was entirely excavated from the 18th century in a tuff cliff. First a fishermen's chapel, the cave became a church that grew at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. Inside there are several groups of sculptures that furnish it, also in volcanic tuff.
The church of San Francesco di Paola dates back to the 16th century. The façade dates from the end of the 18th century when it was rebuilt after the damage caused by the earthquake of 1783. The church had previously undergone other restorations, especially after the earthquake of 1638. The facade has two bell towers, among which the decorated gable in neoclassical style stands out, supported by two pilasters of Corinthian order resting on a large base.
The Church of the Maddalena dates from the 16th century. In 1784, the church and the adjacent convent were closed by royal decree and reopened in 1796, when the parish of San Biagio was moved inside. The building was again closed to worship on 29 November 1810 but reopened after the French decade (1805-1814). The neoclassical facade has pairs of pilasters in Corinthian order, from which a very high entablature rises, ending in a pronounced tympanum.