The Sutlepa Chapel is a 17th-century chapel, which has been in the Estonian Open Air Museum since 1970. The chapel was consecrated again in 1989 and currently functions as an auxiliary church of the St. John's congregation in Tallinn. The Sutlepa Chapel is one of the oldest wooden buildings in Estonia. The chapel was built in the village of Sutlepa perhaps as early as 1627. However, the year "1699", engraved above the church door, probably marks the time of construction of the building, which has survived until today.
Tallinn Cathedral is the main Evangelical Lutheran church in Estonia. It dates back to the 13th century, probably to the first half of this century. Between 1430 and 1460 the church building was reconstructed as a three-nave basilica. The church and a large part of the buildings in Toompea were destroyed in the fire of the Toompea district in 1684. The Gothic-style bell tower of the cathedral was destroyed, so a new Baroque bell tower was built in 1778-1779.
The Cathedral of the Transfiguration in Tallinn is an Estonian Orthodox Apostolic Church. The church building was built in the 13th century as the church of the Convent of St. Michael in Tallinn. In 1629 the monastery was secularised. In February 1716 the Russian garrison regiment used the church until its reconstruction. After the reconstruction, the main church was consecrated in 1734 and was the Orthodox Cathedral until 1900, when Alexander Nevsky Cathedral was completed. A tower was built for the church in 1776, the present windows, the main door and the roof dome were completed in 1827-1830.