Built in the 15th century, Notre-Dame du Sablon Church is located in the historic center of Brussels. In bad condition by the 19th century, the church was restored (1895-1912) and classified National Monument since 1936. The church is of significant importance for the town as the starting point for the historic Ommegang procession. The Sablon church was also the place of worship of the military guilds of the city of Brussels. Each of the guilds had an altar dedicated to their patron saint: Saint Christopher for the harquebusiers, Saint Michael for the fencers, Saint Anthony and Saint Sebastian for the archers and Saint George for the small crossbowmen.
The Great Synagogue of Brussels was built in 1875-1878 in a Romanesque-Byzantine style. Since 2008, the synagogue is called "Great Synagogue of Europe" and is the seat of the Conference of rabbis of Europe: CER.
The Church of Resurrection was an Anglican church founded in 1874 by Evan Jenkins, grandson of the first Anglican preacher in Brussels. Abandoned in 1958, the church was desecrated and turned into a nightclub in 2009.