Villers Abbey was founded in 1146 by Bernard de Clairvaux and was one of the first "daughters" of the Abbey of Clairvaux. After a period of decline from the 14th to the 17th century, the abbey experienced a second golden age in the 18th century when some of its buildings were refurbished in the neoclassical style (facades of the church and the convent building). Sacked by the French Revolution and then confiscated by it as national property, its monks were then expelled and its estate sold in lots.
The church of Sainte-Anne was built in 1912 by the architect Depuits. During the winter of 1944-45, the parish hall served as a refuge for the residents of the Malmedy hospice, victims of the German invasion. In the early 1950s, the church received stained glass windows by Jean Slagmuylder (1901-1968) based on drawings by Margot Weemaes (1909-1993).
The church of St. Job in Uccle dates back to the beginning of the 20th century. The castral chapel of the Lords of Carloo (dating from 1622) survived the fire of the castle of Carloo during the Brabant revolution (1789-1790), but was replaced in 1836 by a church, the first parish of Uccle, as the city of Brussels expanded southward. As Uccle had become a suburb of Brussels at the end of the 19th century and its population had grown considerably, this parish church was demolished and replaced in 1911 by the new Saint-Job church, the work of architect Jules Bilmeyer.